Thursday, April 16, 2009

What a Difference 90 Days Makes

Now that it’s April 16th I can reflect on 2008 from a financial standpoint. All the data has been entered, deductions claimed, checks written and forms mailed. In retrospect I will admit that my gross income was lower last year than it has been in 30 years. Lots of factors led to my terribly imperfect economic storm; I shall not bother sharing that personal information for obvious reasons. Also, I am quite anxious to get to the good news. I am happy to report that the quarter ending March 31, 2009 has been excellent for my family and me. After some cost cutting and belt-tightening we were able to save $2 billion. Yes, there were plenty of unpleasant sacrifices – like forgoing the extended trip to Peru, the new Boxter and the installation of a second pool (indoor) in our third home in Aspen – but we have kept our chins up. And because of this commitment we have turned the corner. Also, it would be unfair if I didn’t mention that we also received $85 billion from the government. What a great country.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

T-man

My bail-out is just months away according to "my sign" in the local newspaper; otherwise, I am goin' back to Thailand asap..want to meet me there?...The gin is cheap and the folks are gentile as in soft and compassionate vs. a Jew like I.....JD

April 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home