Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shenanigans

I can’t say I know much about those who are hired and/or appointed to be poll workers on election days. It has been my experience that many of the individuals I have encountered in this role were older, very likely retired and, for the most part, courteous, prepared and helpful. I never gave too much thought to their relationship to any political party – assuming these jobs were awarded equitably. In the previous 2 presidential elections we have become aware of the tremendous scrutiny placed on the process. This year, of course, was no different. Today I learned that actor/director Tim Robbins’ attempts at voting in New York City were foiled. It seems he had submitted an address change that, in turn, altered the precinct and venue in which he was to vote. Mr. Robbins has argued this point unsuccessfully and made the following statement: "If it hadn't been for shenanigans like this, Obama's margin would have been much, much higher.” I can only conclude that Mr. Robbins has suggested that in an election that turned out more than 120 million people only those planning to vote for Mr. Obama had their voting credentials challenged. This is from a mind that feeds our popular culture. Mr. Robbins, I have five words for you: ACORN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home