Monday, January 26, 2009

Reporting the News

If you’ve read any of my previous posts you will understand that I slant toward the right. You are invited to dispute me at any turn. Certain things shove me away from the left – policies with which I heartily disagree; laws that I find absurd; liberal postures on social issues; heavy taxation on successful entrepreneurs and the redistribution of wealth. Another thing that gets my goat is the inability to hear, see or read any unbiased news reporting. I loathe Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity. None of this is news. In the same manner I detest Rachel Maddow. I will not even mention the entity from which she was cloned because he is unworthy of print. So, as you may presume from these statements, I am a reasonably fair man. Here are some headlines from American newspapers dated January 2004 and January 2009 regarding the inaugurations of George W. Bush and Barack Obama:
4 Years Ago: 
"Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops die in unarmored Humvees"
"Bush extravagance exceeds any reason during tough economic times" 
"Fat cats get their $42 million inauguration party, ordinary Americans get the shaft"
Last week:
"Historic Obama Inauguration will cost only $120 million"
"Obama Spends $120 million on inauguration; America needs a big party" 
"Everyman Obama shows America how to celebrate"
"Citibank executives contribute $8 million to Obama Inauguration"
Is anyone listening? Is anyone really listening? 

2 Comments:

Blogger LilRed said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 27, 2009 at 11:28 PM  
Blogger LilRed said...

Dont blame me .. I voted for the Old guy and the hottie !!

January 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home