Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Arm Your Enemies

And sell F-15 fighter jets to those who persecute you.
Yes, a purposeful re-stating of Christ’s eternal message to ‘Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.’ You see, on many levels I am perplexed.
Anyone who chose to wake up and watch a television, read a newspaper, turn on a radio or surf The Internet this past weekend was reminded of the ruthless events visited upon our nation nine years ago. One fact about that shocking day - and the ensuing weeks and months that followed - seemed to be missing from the re-telling of the story: 15 of the 19 terrorists that hijacked those 3 planes were born and bred in Saudi Arabia. Keep that in mind.
I am an average Joe, a dipshit American slugging through the joys and challenges of life. I am no geopolitical talking head; I know little or nothing of the workings of international trade, military exchanges, Middle East power brokers, intelligence sharing, spy networks or world economies. So my assessment is small-minded, simplistic, fundamental and surely flawed. However, 15 of the 19 terrorists that acted out so viciously against my country and my way of life – and, in so doing – scarred this planet for decades to come, were born and bred in Saudi Arabia. Keep that in mind.
Our political leadership – in this case, emanating from The White House and authored, approved and sent to Congress by our President – is preparing to ship $60 billion worth of high-powered weaponry to the Saudi Arabian government over the next 10 years. The grounds for this idiocy, as I understand them, are twofold: jobs in America and a ‘friendly’ ally in The Middle East to dampen the threat of Iran.
I fear this is America getting desperate. Why this arms deal now – in the middle of September – in the crux of the ‘peace talks’ – on the heals of a withdraw from Iraq, an on-going presence in Afghanistan, a debilitating debt crisis, continued bank closings, accelerated mortgage foreclosures, devastating unemployment – and I repeat – in the middle of September. It has nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11. Here’s the reason: 11/2 – mid-term Election Day.
Don’t be fooled again. Keep this in mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger mayorjones said...

Amen brother. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice - well, you know the rest.

September 16, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home