Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Cheap Red Wine

Whether you buy wine in a box or you have built a chilled cellar in your basement to store cases of 200 year old port, we all have one thing in common: one time or another we bought some cheap wine: MD 2020, Boone’s Farm, Mateus - come on, you know you have; maybe in college, maybe last week, perhaps tonight. Recently my eldest son and I were talking about the phenomenon of red wine, cigars and single malt scotch and we ended up having a real good time making up names for cheap red wines. We’d love for you to join us. If you’d care to add to the list please respond with a brand name and we’ll be most happy to add it and credit you. Perhaps we’ll even plant some grapes. Here’s a few names to help you get the picture:

Exit Ramp Hobo
Sleep Till Tuesday
Permanent Scar
Wake Up Dead
The Final Solution
Constant Pounding
What Did You Expect?
Hurts When I Pee
Uncle Jemima
YouGottaBeShittinMe
Formaldehyde Lite
Petrified!
Will Work For Will Work For
Butts From the Gutter
Dirty Black Socks

2 Comments:

Blogger bonzo said...

I actually have in the garage somewhere, a bottle of "Night Train", that at first sip will make you shudder uncontrollably. I unscrewed it a few years ago, after a several year nap, and it actually smelled good. I screwed it back tho without tasting it again. It is still in there somewhwere.

September 20, 2008 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger bonzo said...

I actually have somewhere in my garage, the remains of a bottle of "Night Train". It has the ability of making you shudder uncontrollably at the first sip. I unscrewed it a few years later, and it sort of smelled good, but I rescrewed it, and it remains in there somewhere yet.

September 20, 2008 at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home